Presented by Stefanie Maclin-Hurd, WAGGIN Network
Stefanie Maclin-Hurd started in her current position as a Polaris Sys Admin in October 2019. Six months later, the world shut down, and she found herself with a catalog worth of data, and no traditional tech background as she suddenly needed to handle twenty libraries remotely among closures and other uncertainties.
In this presentation, she’ll discuss:
- What resources were helpful to a tech and Polaris newbie when the traditional in-person gatherings were not happening
- Teaching herself on topics like cloud computing and wireless networking
- The many trials and errors that happened behind the scenes as she needed to make changes to keep the catalog up-to-date during Covid
- How Covid improved her multi-tasking and adaptability
- How many cups of tea she really drank when no one was looking