How do I get the barcodes into the system? : using Sierra's Compare Inventory to Shelflist for an inventory project

Sierra’s “Compare Inventory to Shelflist” is an incredibly useful tool to utilize for an inventory projects in libraries of all types. Figuring out how to use it, however, is easier said than done, particularly for those new to systems librarianship without a background in IT or computer science. This presentation will provide a step-by-step guide for using this product, including best practices for how to coordinate and train staff on your project’s workflow, setting up the machine you’ll use to import barcodes into your system, and how to resolve issues your report might potentially identify.

Leslie Collie
University of Memphis
ljcollie@memphis.edu

How do I get the barcodes into the system using Sierra’s Compare Inventory to Shelflist for an inventory projectHandout1_20_0322094624.docx (20.2 KB)
How do I get the barcodes into the system using Sierra’s Compare Inventory to Shelflist for an inventory projectPresentation_20_0322094840.pptx (13.2 MB)