As promised I wanted to share notes captured from the Vega Users Group presentation at the recent IUG Conference. The group was asked what we love, what we find frustrating, and what we wish it could do.
If you weren’t able to attend, feel free to chime in! We’d love to hear your thoughts too!
Innovative Users Group 2023
Vega Users Group Presentation Notes
What do you LOVE about Vega?
- How it looks
- Love that it’s for patrons and not staff by design
- Kiosk mode
- Admin side is easy to use
- Appreciate the frequency of enhancements and updates
What is frustrating about Vega?
- Locations, specifically call numbers
- Roll-ups (when they don’t roll-up as anticipated)
- Showcase permissions/distributions
- Consortia roadblocks
- Needs better filtering/sorting
- Vendor integrations
- Need to be able to create showcases from record sets
- Development speed
- New Materials + ready-made New York Times showcases
- More permissions (ability to track who/when changes were made)
- Branch locations improvements
- Searchable reading history
- Search by call number
- Accessibility improvements (scroll bar on items out)
- Ability to rate titles in reading history, plus indicator that I’ve already read a title (think already purchased on Amazon when you open an item)
Thanks to all who joined us!