We are trying to connect our Vega catalog to catalog kiosks, but the Vega labels for facets and buttons are showing oddly. We are using public web browser by Team software version 3. I don’t see how I can share a picture, but it says things like “currentNumberofResults” instead of “14000+ results found” I’ve tried to ask our implementation team but they don’t know how to advise. They say there are no URLS that need to be whitelisted, but I wonder if there are. Thank you!
Hi Amanda, we have this same problem! We are also using Public Web Browser and it appears to be unique to their setup. Here’s the reply we got from Innovative: “I am not familiar with Public Web Browser or its configuration, but could it be possible to allow traffic to https://na2.iiivega.com/? We can start there and see if that fixes the issue. There are some other requests sent to several different services and Discover site is loading, but we can attempt to fix one by one.
Again, I don’t think we can do anything on our side as Public Web Browser is the tool that’s blocking requests, but I’ll try to help as much as I can.”
I am pretty sure what is being pulled is the LANGUAGE STRING LABEL instead of the text assigned to that string in whatever the display language is. I spot-checked our language strings and they match up to what we are seeing in our instance of Public Web Browser.
We are a city library and we don’t have our own internal IT, so any changes to Public Web Browser configuration have to be done by them. We have other significant IT priorities at the moment, so I haven’t pushed them on it. It looks bad, but most people use their own device for accessing our catalog rather than the catalog computers in our buildings.
IT is supposed to be setting up a new catalog computer solution for us this fall that won’t rely on Public Web Browser, which would be great since that would solve this problem and in general that browser is ancient. If they get something good set up I’ll try and come back and let you know.