Turnover Rate - Over time

Greetings!

My questions are: Does the SQL below look correct for providing a data basis for analyzing Turnover Rate during defined time periods (Start Date, End Date)?

Do any Polaris power users have existing preferences for analyzing turnover rates over time?

My experience has shown that the stock ‘Turnover Rate’ report in Polaris takes Start and End date parameters into account when summing the checkouts over the duration, but the item count portion of the turnover rate calculation is only the static snapshot of items at that moment the report is run!

I’ve been advised that determining # of items within a given past time frame would be difficult and have turned to a method for capturing ItemCount (daily, by branch and collection) moving forward.

This should generate a table where one can sum the checkouts over the period while averaging the item count over the same period.

My next step is to create a SQL Server Job and run this on a schedule but the execution script is outputting both the desired table but also a ‘Return Value’ of 0. I am still a relative SQL newbie!

Thanks in advance for your consideration. I’ve found this forum so kind and helpful. I wish I could spend a little more time here.

WITH CircCountQuery AS (
    SELECT
        CONVERT(DATE, th.TranClientDate) AS Date,
        th.OrganizationID AS AssignedBranchID,
        td.numValue AS AssignedCollectionID,
        COUNT(DISTINCT th.transactionID) AS CircCount
    FROM
        PolarisTransactions.Polaris.TransactionHeaders th (NOLOCK)
    INNER JOIN
        PolarisTransactions.Polaris.TransactionDetails td (NOLOCK) ON th.TransactionID = td.TransactionID AND td.TransactionSubTypeID = 61 --assigned coll. code
    WHERE
        th.TransactionTypeID = 6001
        AND th.OrganizationID IN (29,30,31,32,33,34)
        AND th.TranClientDate >= DATEADD(DAY, DATEDIFF(DAY, 0, GETDATE()) - 1, 0) -- Set the start of the previous day
        AND th.TranClientDate < DATEADD(DAY, DATEDIFF(DAY, 0, GETDATE()), 0) -- Set the start of the current day
		AND td.numValue IS NOT NULL 
    GROUP BY
        th.OrganizationID, td.numValue, CONVERT(DATE, th.TranClientDate)
),
ItemCountQuery AS (
    SELECT
        cir.AssignedBranchID,
        cir.AssignedCollectionID,
        COUNT(DISTINCT cir.itemrecordID) AS ItemCount
    FROM
        Polaris.Polaris.CircItemRecords cir(NOLOCK)
      WHERE
        cir.AssignedBranchID IN (29,30,31,32,33,34)
        --AND cir.ItemStatusID IN (/* specify your desired ItemStatusID values here */)
    GROUP BY
        cir.AssignedBranchID, cir.AssignedCollectionID
)

-- Combine the results using LEFT JOIN
SELECT
    COALESCE(CircCountQuery.Date, '1900-01-01') AS Date,
    COALESCE(CircCountQuery.AssignedBranchID, ItemCountQuery.AssignedBranchID) AS AssignedBranchID,
    COALESCE(CircCountQuery.AssignedCollectionID, ItemCountQuery.AssignedCollectionID) AS AssignedCollectionID,
    COALESCE(CircCountQuery.CircCount, 0) AS CircCount,
    COALESCE(ItemCountQuery.ItemCount, 0) AS ItemCount
FROM
    CircCountQuery
LEFT JOIN
    ItemCountQuery ON CircCountQuery.AssignedBranchID = ItemCountQuery.AssignedBranchID
                   AND CircCountQuery.AssignedCollectionID = ItemCountQuery.AssignedCollectionID;
ere