Label Printing Guide: Sierra Print Templates, Sierra Serials Checkin, an Connexion 1.50

In January of 2014 BGSU University Libraries went from Epson FX-850 Dot- Matrix Printers to Zebra GC420t thermal label printers on Windows 7 workstations. The following document shows how we set up the labels and software to create spine and pocket labels using: Sierra 1.1.3_4 Print Templates, Sierra 1.1.3_4 Serials Checkin, and Connexion 1.50.

These directions still work for Windows 10 machines. Mark Strang 08/08/18

mstrang@bgsu.edu

Zebra_GC420t_for_Sierra_Print_Templates_Sierra_Serials_Checkin_Connexion_031014.pdf (3.0 MB)

Just wanted to further clarify:
BGSU migrated to Sierra 4.0 in July 2018 and didn’t experience any issues when it came to label printing and the directions outlined in this document.
Windows 10 works for spine labels
For the Serials labels and the Connexion labels our staff members are on Windows 7 Enterprise so I can’t vouch for Windows 10
I’ve also had several people who have bought current generation models of Zebra printers and say that these directions where still spot on but I can’t guarantee anything. I’d suggest buy one and test it out for all your local label workflows before buying multiples of them.
Mark

mstrang@bgsu.edu