FE Tech RFID and LEAP

Hi,

A couple of years ago we started using RFID and our management team chose FE. I was talking to my manager about (finally) starting to roll out LEAP after our upgrade next month. Starting with a branch, then go from there. He is concerned how it would integrate with RFID.

Does anyone use FE, and if so, have they successfully integrated it with LEAP?

Thanks,
Vicky

1 Like

If you’re already using the Polaris Security Manager with the Desktop Client, then Leap actually would use the exact same helper software. Though there are some configuration options you’d need to enable in Polaris SA (search +leap +rfid in the Supportal).

If you don’t use that helper software, if the FW Tech software emulates a keyboard, nothing would need to be done. You could determine if you have keyboard emulation by opening notepad and seeing if the system “types” in the barcode number when you place an item on the pad.

1 Like

Hi Vicky,

We JUST contracted with FE this year. They told us we are the first Polaris library using Leap they have. We’ve been working with them to configure their software to play nice with Leap. It’s been a challenge. Our self-checks work fine and everything with the client works fine, but we’re dealing with a problem with CircAssist where anytime Leap generates a popup (hold, status change, etc.) the reader ‘hangs up.’ We have been working on this for about 6 weeks so far. I have a big troubleshooting session scheduled with the Australia team on Friday. If you’d like to email me directly at erumsey@cityofirving.org, I’d be happy to talk to you more about it.

1 Like

Emma,

Thank you for responding. We are not looking to get serious about LEAP until around the first of the year, but I was going to be testing a lot between now and then. I will reach out to you next week to see how the troubleshooting session goes. I am sorry you are the guinea pig, but I am glad to have someone to reach out to for information.

Vicky

1 Like