Drawing Down the Data - An introduction to the PolarisTransactions database

Program Title: Drawing Down the Data - An introduction to the PolarisTransactions database
ILS: Polaris
Program Description: The PolarisTransactions database is a massive repository of information about almost everything that’s happened in your Polaris system since the time you went live. Within those tables you can find the answers to complex questions about circulation, patron activities, item and bibliographic records, and so much more. From the statistical to the historical, this is the database that answers all those weird questions dreamed up by administrators and curious librarians.
Unfortunately, this database can be confusing because it’s a sea of references, cross-references, codes, types, and sub-types. So let’s take a look at PolarisTransactions and discover not only how it works, but more importantly, how to make it work for you and your library.

Speaker/ Information: Daniel Messer (daniel.messer@lsslibraries.com
) - ILS Administrator, Library Systems and Services

Drawing Down the Data.pdf (46.2 MB)

1 Like

For those with the interest, you can find my slides and a whole lot more at my website. That includes the SQL I used during the presentation. I keep the IUG pages up indefinitely, so this link should work for quite a while.

Cyberpunk Librarian - IUG 2024

1 Like