Join us this Thursday, 12/15/2022 1pm Eastern, for this month’s Zoom forum all about getting started with SQL, for both Polaris and Sierra users. Whether you’re not sure how to start or you are a seasoned SQL pro, bring your questions and come learn from your colleagues! Registration is open.
I’m new here, what time on Thursday?
Hi, Paula! The forum starts at 1 p.m. Eastern. Hope you can make it! Let me know if you have any other questions or run into trouble registering.
This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.
Don’t forget, today is the day for the Beginning SQL Zoom Forum: December IUG Zoom Forum: Beginning SQL (Polaris & Sierra)
Some of the resources shared in today’s session. There is NOT a recording available, but we do anticipate offering this topic again in a future monthly Zoom forum (3rd Thursday’s of the month).
- Download SQL tool for Polaris (SSMS): Download SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) - SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) | Microsoft Learn
- Add-on tool for SSMS: SQL Search - Find SQL fast in SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio 2017
- Download one (of many) SQL Tools for Sierra: https://www.heidisql.com/
Database Help File for Polaris - Supportal account required
- Using NOLOCK Understanding the SQL Server NOLOCK hint
- Database Help File for Sierra
- Using SQL for searches in Polaris Desktop and Leap
- Joining tables in SQL: A Visual Explanation of SQL Joins
- STANFORD COURSES ON THE LAGUNITA LEARNING PLATFORM | Stanford Online
- Training videos for learning SELECTING DATA IN SQL
- Advanced: SQL Cross Join - w3resource